Thursday, September 11, 2014

Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken and Garden Vege's

Yay for fresh vegetables from the garden! Here is what I did with some of them:

I made this recipe for supper this week and my husband really liked it. I used this recipe and tweaked it a little bit. I take the freedom to change most recipes that I make. :-) Here is the recipe with the changes I made...

Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken and Garden Vege's

1.5 lb of chicken breast diced into 3/4" pieces
2 cups carrots
2 cups zucchini
2 cups peppers
2 cups broccoli/cauliflower
1 can of pineapple
1 small can mushrooms, drained

Sauce:
Juice from Pineapple
3/4 cup Sucanat
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Ketchup
1 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Garlic Powder/or 1 Clove Fresh Garlic minced
3-4 Tsp of Cornstarch

Cut up all of your veggies and chicken. Fry chicken in a little bit of oil. Add the carrots and fry until starting to get tender. Then add the rest of the veggies and stir fry until soft. Add the pineapple and mushrooms and heat through. Pour the sauce over the veggies and chicken. Serve over the rice of your choice. I use brown rice.

Sauce:
Mix everything except for the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil. Put the cornstarch in a small bowl and add enough water to make it a pour-able consistency. Add to boiling mixture and stir until thickened. 


I hope you enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment