Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Canning Salsa

My sister and I canned 2 batches of salsa today with the tomatoes and peppers from our garden. God blessed us with an abundant yield this year. It made a total of 40 pints.

Here is the recipe that we used. I got it from....."guess"....... yup, my mom!

Mom's salsa

14 lbs tomatoes
2.5 lbs onions
10 green peppers
6 hot peppers to taste
3 whole cloves pushed into an onion skin so that you can fish it out later. :-)
3 Tblsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
1.5 tsp cumin
1/4 cup salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
6 garlic cloves minced
2 18 oz cans of tomato paste

Peel tomatoes and chop. Run the other veges through a food processor or chop fine. Put everything in a large stock pot and bring to a boil and simmer for 10 min. Put into jars and water bath for 20 min.



Just thought you might like to see a picture of my stained recipe! :-) well used I guess! 

Have a great day! And don't forget to thank God for His blessings to you today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment